Thursday 1 July 2010

My 1st day of consultation period

Yesterday was one of the most shocking days in my life, I received an email at work from the Solution Director who called for an urgent meeting the next day (which is today). The email and the agenda didn't say much about what the meeting is for, apart from saying that the Government spending cut has an immediate impact to the organisation.

I guess under this market condition, this meeting must be about redundancy and therefore, I just had to prepare for the worse. I'm glad that I wasn't as sad and as negative as I expected, and thanks God for giving me peace and hope for the future.

My first concern and thinking from the email wasn't about whether I'm safe in the job, it was about how I can move on and generate income. After attending the Rich Dad Poor Dad Seminar, I learnt that there are lots of opportunities out there where we can earn income, apart from stuck at work. Therefore, I believe this maybe a good opportunity to start something new in my life and start working hard for my dreams. I believe when people have dreams, they work hard to get it. It's definitely my case as I had many dreams when I was young and now I've achieved them.

In terms of action that I took from this bad news, I had never be so efficient to apply for jobs. I had already applied for few jobs and been to a recruitment agent. I've also started to write my blog as Internet can definitely generate extra income. I guess I will share more later on this after I do research and testing.

I will also keep updating the blog for how this new journey works out for me. Hopefully it'll be a bright future blessed by the God.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going, no matter what happens God is with you. It's a new journey he has the best plans for you. Although you may not be able to see it yet, he has gone ahead of you to make way for you.

    Remember in good times, god walks beside you. But in worser times, god carries you.

    Stay positive and take actions, and you will achieve many goals. I know you can and i will support you always.

    ReplyDelete